||Zeba Ali, Partner
216-621-2234, Ext. 138
Biomedical patents • Clearance, patentability, and landscape opinions • Patent preparation and prosecution • Counseling on intellectual property matters • Drafting and negotiating licenses
Ms. Ali’s practice focuses on the biomedical arts, such as medical devices, treatments and procedures in the neurological, cardiac and orthopedic fields. Ms. Ali has significant experience with neuroscience technology. For example, Ms. Ali represents clients in the field of neuromodulation and neuropharmacology. Ms. Ali also prosecutes patent applications in the drug delivery field. For example, Ms. Ali drafts and prosecutes applications involving catheters, stents, angioplasty balloons, grafts, and cannulas. In the orthopedic field, Ms. Ali drafts and prosecutes applications directed to surgical fasteners, fixation devices, bone tamping devices, prosthetics, and other devices.
Ms. Ali also conducts due diligence for universities and research institutes, biomedical companies, venture capital firms, and start-up companies. She also drafts invention disclosure guidelines for clients and conducts seminars for in-house counsel relating to various intellectual property topics including how to offensively and defensively protect a company’s commercial products.
• J.D. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2000
• B.S. in Neuroscience, Duke University, 1996
• State of North Carolina, 2000
• District of Columbia, 2003
• Registered before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2002
• American Intellectual Property Law Association
• North Carolina Bar Association
• District of Columbia Bar Association