||Laura Ulatowski , Partner
216.621.2234, Ext. 169
Patent preparation and prosecution in optics, imaging, sensors, modeling, software and electrical technologies.
Ms. Ulatowski’s practice is focused on drafting and prosecuting patent applications in fields including, but not limited to, optics, imaging, sensors, modeling, software and electrical technologies. Her experience also includes medical devices, medical diagnostic equipment, cellular therapies, protein and gene diagnostics, pharmaceutical compositions, biologics, chemical polymers, wireless communication, RFID technology and industrial automation.
Before entering law school, Ms. Ulatowski spent a year and a half as a PhD Candidate at Case Western Reserve, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Neural Engineering Center. During law school, Ms. Ulatowski was a member of the moot court team, a senior editor of the I/S Journal of Law and Policy for the Information Society, an extern for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, and an intern for the Morrow County Municipal Court. After law school, she spent five years at a Cleveland IP boutique firm before joining Tarolli, Sundheim, Covell & Tummino, LLP.
• BS, Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, magna cum laude, 2002
• MS, Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, 2004
• JD, The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, 2008
• State of Ohio, 2008
• Registered before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2008
• Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association
• American Intellectual Property Law Association
• American Bar Association