||Dan Fiul, Partner
216.621.2234, Ext. 148
Patent preparation and prosecution in electronics, computer, and telecommunications technologies.
Mr. Fiul focuses his practice on U.S. and foreign patent preparation and prosecution. He has over twenty years of experience in the area of patent law, having worked at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as a patent examiner for several years and followed by more than a dozen years in private practice. Mr. Fiul’s practice relates to preparing and prosecuting of patent applications in the practice areas of satellite communications, telecommunications, RFID-based technologies, entertainment distribution systems, integrated circuits, networking, IoT. Prior to working at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Mr. Fiul worked for the Naval Undersea Warfare Center as engineering support for navigation systems. His duties also included software development, design and implementation of test equipment, and overseeing installation and troubleshooting of shipboard navigation systems.
• B.S. Electrical Engineering, Penn State University, 1990
• J.D., George Mason Law School, 1999
• District of Columbia, 2001
• Registered before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2000
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2003
• American Intellectual Property Law Association
• DC Bar Intellectual Property Section