||Matthew M. Shaheen, Partner
216.621.2234, Ext. 113
Patent preparation/prosecution, client counseling and litigation support on intellectual property matters relating to mechanical, electromechanical, medical, and computer/control system technologies.
Mr. Shaheen specializes in intellectual property law, focusing on patent preparation and prosecution, and client counseling on complex issues relating to validity, infringement, and freedom-to-practice. Mr. Shaheen practices primarily in mechanical and electromechanical technologies, focusing on automotive systems and complex medical devices and systems. He is experienced in all phases of U.S. and PCT patent prosecution and oversees the prosecution of foreign patent applications filed in countries throughout North America, Europe, and Asia.
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering Technology, The University of Akron, 1992
• J.D., The University of Akron School of Law, 1996
• Supreme Court of Ohio, 1997
• U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2000
• U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1999
• American Bar Association
• American Intellectual Property Law Association
• Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association